Mums & Bubs Yoga
MUMS AND BUBS YOGA offers the perfect opportunity to connect with yourself, your new baby and other mothers! It will also support you physically in your recovery after pregnancy, labour and delivery. Each class involves a combination of yoga postures that involve your baby and on your own. Everyone is welcome to feed, change nappies or nurse your babies during the class as required.
Benefits for mums:
- Re-gain strength and function of the pelvic floor, abdominals and lower back
- Release tension in the upper back, neck and shoulders
- Reduce fluid retention
- Increase energy levels
- Release tension in the forearms and wrists reducing your risk of developing carpel tunnel
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Support from other mums can improve mood and capacity to cope with the day to day challenges of being a mother
Benefits for bubs:
- Socialization with other bubs
- Assists with motor skill development
- Aid in digestion and relaxation
This class is suitable for mums and bubs 6-8 weeks after birth up until bubs become mobile (approximately 6-9months). If your bub is mobile check out my class with mobile bubs!
No courses currently scheduled
WHAT TO BRING:
Abigail and I wanted to thank you for bringing such a special time, place, circle of friends into our lives. After we leave class we are more at peace with our surrounds, more nourished, more relaxed. It’s difficult to find the right words to describe how grateful we are, you are a truly remarkable, kind, nurturing, compassionate person, yogi and friend.
With love Rebecca and Abigail
At first I was a unsure how everything was going to work, but I soon realised the atmosphere was extremely comfortable to feed, change nappies and settle Orlando. Each week it was gorgeous to see orlando interact with the other bubs and It gave me a chance to socialise with the other mums. I have made great friends as a result.
Jacqueline and Orlando